Georgetown students, alumni, and friends perform a stage reading of “A Pound of Flesh,” a play by Katie L. Watson, following the Kennedy Institute of Ethics’ Bioethics Research Showcase. The play follows a white potential organ donor and a black potential recipient of a liver transplant who learn that they are connected by a great, great grandfather who was a slave owner. A post-play panel explores the artistic, sociocultural, historical, medical, and ethical components of the play.
April 6, 2017 – “A Pound of Flesh”
- August 3, 2020 – History of Enslavement Project to Create Common Database for Universities
- June 19, 2020 – Georgetown Honors Juneteenth
- April 16, 2020 – Transcription Event for Georgetown Slavery Archive Honors DC Emancipation Day
- January 15, 2020 – Maryland Province and Georgetown Enhance Access to Archives With New Archivist
- November 26, 2019 – New Undergrad Course Examines University’s Historical Connection to Slavery